Which of the two views is more appropriate for understanding the ins and outs of the global pig market?
There was a time when pig price was determined by seasonal patterns and total production… Now the belly price is driving the carcass price in the United States.
Every week a new price is set that reflects a momentary and unstable but necessary and essential balance.
Being a high performing farm is not a sufficient condition to future success.
- 21Nov EveryPig saves farm from major fines by identifying potential withdrawal period violation
- 19Nov HKScan Corporation and Hes-Pro Oy to start cooperation in plant-based protein products
- 15Nov CPF reports better-than-expected Q3 earnings
- 8Nov NPPC launches 'Pork O' Clock' campaign to highlight importance of USMCA agreement
Europe has a surplus and needs to export. The USA has increased its production and needs to export. The Russian market is closed for Brazil, and Brazil needs to export…
The impact of Chinese tariffs on US pork, the pork exports picture, feed costs forecast and more...
Let’s hope that spring makes consumption grow. The foreign markets hesitate, and it will not be easy to sell the European surpluses.
Total forecasted average profitability for the year has eroded some, from about $25/head to around $12/head in the US.
- 13DecASF will continue to affect the global pigmeat market
- 12DecUSMEF: China fuels October pork exports
- 10DecWorld food prices jump: Meat and vegetable oils lead FAO Food Price Index upwards