The project, which has 2 years duration, is starting in 2010. The specific objectives are shown next:
• To identify deficiencies or non-adequate practices, and promote sustainable pig production including animal health, nutrition, reproduction and production systems in Latin America.
• To implement a program of good sanitary practices in pig production, according to current legislation in each country and to FAO international recommendations.
• To improve the diagnostic and control of diseases affecting pigs and also having an impact on human health (according to OIE recommendations).
• To organize seminars and workshops with veterinarians, engineers and producers (dissemination and suggestion of strategies).
• To identify opportunities for developing projects of research among members of this network.