At a moment in which the prices of the raw materials, although they are giving us a break, are still very high, it is essential to take some time to think about the use of enzymes in swine.
pig333.com is a site about the pig production chain from pig to pork aimed at veterinarians, farmers, etc. It contains articles by swine specialists on health, management, environment, biosecurity, wellfare, genetics,facilities and markets, as well as news, pig prices, clinical cases, events, etc..
- 16-Apr-2014 Russia confirms the presence of classical swine fever in wild boars
- 16-Apr-2014 Russia suspends imports of RTE meat products from Moldavia
- 16-Apr-2014 European Union: determination of the levels of dioxin and PCBs in feed
- 16-Apr-2014 Russia authorises three new Brazilian abattoirs to export pork
The first goal of the project is to control PRRSv-infections in order to produce negative offspring.
Lysine requirements for piglets fed antibiotic free-diets is higher than NRC (1998) recommendation.
Quick and simple system for identifying if we have an excessive yeast proliferation.
One-dose vaccination of sows against PCV2 induces colostral antibody transfer.
These results demonstrate that management options can affect the reproductive performance and injuries of gestating sows in the ESF system.
Question of the week 16-Apr-2014
No dam related risk factor for colonisation status of litter or piglets within litters could be identified.
Our results indicate that brucellosis infections in feral swine within the US are typically caused by B. suis.
Photo of the week 10-Apr-2014
A tour of a pork plant guided by Dr. Temple Grandin, Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University and widely considered to be the world's leading expert on humane animal handling at meat packing plants. This video provides an honest look at how pigs are handled at pork packing plants
This simulator calculates the quantity of
medicine to incorporate in water when
using a flow dispenser.
- 16-Apr-2014 Arcos Dorados is committed to improved animal welfare in pork supply chain
- 16-Apr-2014 Vétoquinol and Bioniche Life Sciences Inc. close sale of Bioniche Animal Health Business
- 15-Apr-2014 Delicious and healthy HK Rypsiporsas® rapeseed pork to be GMO-free
- 11-Apr-2014 £90 million for centres of innovation - do pigs & poultry want their share?
- 09-Apr-2014 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health supports PCV2 research projects with 500,000 euro