pig333.com is a site about the pig production chain from pig to pork aimed at veterinarians, farmers, etc. It contains articles by swine specialists on health, management, environment, biosecurity, wellfare, genetics,facilities and markets, as well as news, pig prices, clinical cases, events, etc..
- 02-Sep-2014 United States: USDA announces ASF/FMD surveillance pilot project
- 02-Sep-2014 Denmark: the Government is announcing a campaign focused on the storage and disposal of dead farm animals
- 02-Sep-2014 Taiwan: 34 pig farms were confirmed being infected with PEDV
- 02-Sep-2014 USA: First chilled pork shipment exported to Colombia
The trick consists in selecting the appropriate foster sows and marking them on the back with the maximum number of pigs that they can take care of.
Stevia rebaudiana, Citrus sinensis and extracts of hot-flavored spices did not induce beneficial effects on post-weaned piglets.
Data on this article provide proof of concept that contaminated feed pellets (complete feed) can serve as a vehicle for PEDV infection of naïve pigs using natural feeding behavior.
The authors have demonstrated that PEDV can become airborne, remain infectious while suspended in the air, and that PEDV genetic material can be transported long distances following natural infections.
PRKTRNIC, the mash-up of the purest electro French Touch and the excellency of fine sausage gastronomy.
Question of the week 02-Sep-2014
After checking that our farm loses days in the servicing of the gilts, the detection of empty sows housed in yards and the culling (sending of the sows to the abattoir), we propose a package of measures…
Photo of the week 28-Aug-2014
It' is not as simple as the larger pigs have better survivability...
The nutritional expected benefit of these products is very high but every precaution must be taken, especially to prevent introduction of PED and spreading of ASF.
Zinc oxide may help to reduce intestinal inflammation in weanling piglets.
Tool that allows you to calculate the
replacement rate in your farm.
- 02-Sep-2014 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health sees freshly mixed swine vaccines as its way forward
- 02-Sep-2014 Alltech Accepting Applications for its Third Annual Career Development Program for Recent Graduates
- 02-Sep-2014 CReSA will be part of IRTA
- 29-Aug-2014 Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands Complete Merger
- 29-Aug-2014 Maple Leaf Foods appoints Dr. Stephanie Cottee as Leader, Animal Wellness