During 2012 PCV2 variants or mutants (mPCV2) appeared in the USA and were frequently associated with PCV-associated diseases. The possibility of lack of cross-protection of commercial vaccines against mPCV2 is now of major concern.
pig333.com is a site about the pig production chain from pig to pork aimed at veterinarians, farmers, etc. It contains articles by swine specialists on health, management, environment, biosecurity, wellfare, genetics,facilities and markets, as well as news, pig prices, clinical cases, events, etc..
- 17-Apr-2014 Canada: contaminated feed most likely source of Ontario PED outbreak1 comments
- 17-Apr-2014 WH Group: details of proposed listing on Main Board of the HKEx
- 17-Apr-2014 Russia: increased 2014 domestic pork production forecasts
- 17-Apr-2014 FAO: agriculture's greenhouse gas emissions on the rise
Pigs can be fed diets including up to 240 g/kg canola meal together with 150 g/kg DDGS without affecting performance and carcass quality.
At a moment in which the prices of the raw materials, although they are giving us a break, are still very high, it is essential to take some time to think about the use of enzymes in swine.
The first goal of the project is to control PRRSv-infections in order to produce negative offspring.
Lysine requirements for piglets fed antibiotic free-diets is higher than NRC (1998) recommendation.
Quick and simple system for identifying if we have an excessive yeast proliferation.
Supplementing freezing media with 2 mm GSH greatly improves boar sperm cryopreservation technology, as it significantly improves the fertilizing ability of frozen-thawed spermatozoa.
Many of these tools are difficult to clean and, in many cases, they may be damaged by water, soap, and disinfectants.
Question of the week 16-Apr-2014
No dam related risk factor for colonisation status of litter or piglets within litters could be identified.
Our results indicate that brucellosis infections in feral swine within the US are typically caused by B. suis.
Photo of the week 10-Apr-2014
A tour of a pork plant guided by Dr. Temple Grandin, Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University and widely considered to be the world's leading expert on humane animal handling at meat packing plants. This video provides an honest look at how pigs are handled at pork packing plants
This simulator calculates the quantity of
medicine to incorporate in water when
using a flow dispenser.
- 17-Apr-2014 Pork CRC Pointers For Successful Sow Group Housing
- 17-Apr-2014 IDT: New diagnostic test for the detection of E coli virulence factors now available
- 16-Apr-2014 Arcos Dorados is committed to improved animal welfare in pork supply chain
- 16-Apr-2014 Vétoquinol and Bioniche Life Sciences Inc. close sale of Bioniche Animal Health Business
- 15-Apr-2014 Delicious and healthy HK Rypsiporsas® rapeseed pork to be GMO-free