pig333.com is a site about the pig production chain from pig to pork aimed at veterinarians, farmers, etc. It contains articles by swine specialists on health, management, environment, biosecurity, wellfare, genetics,facilities and markets, as well as news, pig prices, clinical cases, events, etc..
- 25-Nov-2014 Belgium: "Vision 2020 Plan" to reduce the use of antibiotics
- 25-Nov-2014 United States: National Pork Board funds new Swine Health Information Center
- 25-Nov-2014 France: Letter "Relations fournisseur responsable" signed
- 25-Nov-2014 United States: PEDv found on Waianae pig farm (Hawaii)
- 25-Nov-2014 Dominican Republic: prevention of foodborne diseases
Even in the absence of clinical signs, growth rate and feed intake are likely to be reduced by L. intracellularis infections. There is a trend that also PCV2 infections can exert a similar negative influence.
Sows with high peripartal feeding show highest colostrum yield and better colostrum composition.
A survey of national animal influenza surveillance programmes was conducted to assess the current capacity to detect influenza viruses with zoonotic potential in animals.
Question of the week 18-Nov-2014
A photo report on Eurotier, which is being held from 11 to 14 November 2014 in Hanover, Germany.
This article will focus on clinical signs of some E coli infections: neonatal colibacillosis, post-weaning colibacillosis diarrhoea and oedema disease.
Distinct PCV2 variants are circulating in commercial pig farms. How the vaccine induced immunity may affect PCV2 evolution?
Photo of the week 20-Nov-2014
Tool that allows you to calculate the
replacement rate in your farm.
Feeding growing-finishing pigs with daily tailored diets using precision feeding techniques is an effective approach to reduce nutrient excretion, without compromising pig performance or carcass composition
Comparing different vaccination strategies against M. hyopneumoniae indicates varying levels of protection. M. hyopneumoniae is still a major problem despite the widely applied vaccination.
The esterified palm acid oils high in MAG and DAG increase saturated fatty acid deposition.
- 25-Nov-2014 MSD Animal Health Receives Approval for Porcilis® PCV M Hyo Vaccine in Europe
- 21-Nov-2014 MINTREX 10 year anniversary event at EuroTier 2014 attracts much attention
- 20-Nov-2014 Interview to PIC's global wean-to-finish manager Brian Melody
- 20-Nov-2014 Magapor brings the future of pig reproduction to Eurotier
- 20-Nov-2014 Swine producers discuss research at Purina Animal Nutrition Swine VIP events