pig333.com is a site about the pig production chain from pig to pork aimed at veterinarians, farmers, etc. It contains articles by swine specialists on health, management, environment, biosecurity, wellfare, genetics,facilities and markets, as well as news, pig prices, clinical cases, events, etc..
- 30-Jul-2014 France: Bayonne ham will be exported to US
- 30-Jul-2014 Organic animal production remains limited
- 29-Jul-2014 Holland: feeds contaminated with furazolidone detected
Piglets have little difficulty finding the feeder but piglets that were not exposed to creep feed during lactation do not recognize the feed as food when weaned.
This trick explains how to obtain foster sows for the adoptions.
Photo of the week 24-Jul-2014
The aim of the present study was to determine risk factors for lameness development within the first days of group-housing, with a focus on housing conditions, management and post-mixing aggression in sows.
Fertility problems with variable reproductive performances were detected. Also, ear and tail necroses appear in nurseries, and continuous diarrhoea cases and rectal prolapses in the fattenings.
The survival of A. pleuropneumoniae was investigated under controlled laboratory conditions.
Question of the week 29-Jul-2014
Researchers from Wageningen University explain that a number of important characteristics of European pigs have Asian origins.
Pig performance an carcass quality are not affected by the source of starch used in growing diets.
Dr. Liz Wagstrom, National Pork Producers Council, from the 2014 World Pork Expo, June 4-6, 2014, Des Monies, IA, USA.
We hear a lot of talk about optimizing profitability in grow-finish through reducing standard deviation of marketed weights and aiming that tighter weight group at the profit optimal average weight at the time of marketing. It’s a bit like playing darts, you want the darts to be in tight group but it is also necessary to be near the bull’s eye on the target.
Ad libitum feeding during the peripartal period limits excessive loss of body reserves improving litter growth and weaning weight.
This simulator calculates the quantity of
medicine to incorporate in water when
using a flow dispenser.
- 24-Jul-2014 Skaro joins Nedap U.S. swine team as technical services specialist
- 24-Jul-2014 Sow longevity the focus of Feeding for 30® Forum
- 24-Jul-2014 Ceva attracts strong investor support for 4th LMBO and returns to double-digit growth in first 6 months of 2014
- 21-Jul-2014 PIC adds Relationship Based Genomic Selection to Crossbred products
- 18-Jul-2014 ACMC: Sow’s influence on total herd feed conversion