United States and Canadian hog inventory down 1 percent

United States and Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs for December 2010 was 76.2 million head. This was down 1 percent from December 2009 and down 4 percent from December 2008.
Monday 21 February 2011 (7 years 7 months 28 days ago)
Like
United States and Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs for December 2010 was 76.2 million head. This was down 1 percent from December 2009 and down 4 percent from December 2008. The breeding inventory, at 7.09 million head, was down 1 percent from a year ago and up slightly from last quarter. Market hog inventory, at 69.1 million head, was down 1 percent from last year and down 1 percent from last quarter. The pig crop, at 35.3 million head, was down 1 percent from 2009 and down 3 percent from 2008. Sows farrowed during this period totaled 3.56 million head, down 2 percent from 2009 and down 7 percent from 2008.

United States inventory of all hogs and pigs on December 1, 2010 was 64.3 million head. This was down 1 percent from December 1, 2009 and down 2 percent from September 1, 2010. The breeding inventory, at 5.78 million head, was down 1 percent from last year but up slightly from the previous quarter. Market hog inventory, at 58.5 million head, was down 1 percent from last year and down 2 percent from last quarter. The pig crop, at 28.2 million head, was down slightly from 2009 and down 2 percent from 2008. Sows farrowed during this period totaled 2.85 million head, down 2 percent from 2009 and down 6 percent from 2008.

Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs on January 1, 2011 was 11.9 million head. This was up 1 percent from January 1, 2010 and down 2 percent from January 1, 2009. The breeding inventory, at 1.31 million head, was down 1 percent from last year but up 1 percent from last quarter. Market hog inventory, at 10.6 million head, was up 1 percent from last year and up slightly from last quarter. The pig crop, at 7.1 million head, was down 1 percent from 2010 and down 8 percent from 2009. Sows farrowed during this period totaled 713,000 head, down 1 percent from 2010 and down 9 percent from 2009.

http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/current/USCH/USCH-02-17-2011.pdf

Related articles

Swine news

Russia: Positive balance of the agricultural sector in 201607-Jun-2017 1 years 4 months 12 days ago

Article Comments

This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.
Leave a new Comment

Access restricted to 333 users. In order to post a comment you must be logged in.

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here

tags

Swine News

Swine industry news in your email

You are not subscribed to this list

19-Oct-201812-Oct-201805-Oct-201828-Sep-2018

Log in and sign up on the list

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here