Poland Veterinary Services have developed a Biosecurity Programme aimed at preventing the spread of African swine fever. The programme covers the period 2015 - 2018 and came into force on April 29, 2015.
The Biosecurity Programme includes, but it is not limited to:
- implementing a rodent control program;
- conducting regular disinfection treatments (from April to November every year);
- record keeping of transport and staff access to the holding;
- housing of pigs in confined spaces;
- using protective clothing and footwear for every farm.
- ensuring that outdoor farms have a double fence system, at least 1.5 m high.
Thursday, April 30, 2015 / Główny Inspektorat Weterynarii / Poland.