The outbreaks are located in • P'YONGYANG-SI (Sadong district; Ryokpo district; Ryokpo district; Ryokpo district; Rakrang district; Sadong district; Sadong district; Ryokpo district; Sadong district; Ryokpo district; Gangdong county; Mangyongdae district; Sadong district; Sadong district; Ryokpo district)
• HWANGHAE-BUKTO (Gangnam county; Sangwon county; Hwangju county; Gangnam county; Yonsan county; Sangwon county; Yonsan county; Sinpyong county; Suan county; Sangwon county; Gangnam county; Sangwon county; Hwangju county; Songrim city; Gangnam county; Hwangju county; Yonsan county; Hwangju county)
• P'YONGAN-BUKTO (Taechon county; Pakchon county; Pakchon county; Taechon county; Taechon county)
• P'YONGAN-NAMDO (Gangso district, Nampo city; Anju city; Pyongwon county; Taechon county)
• KANGWON-DO (Anbyon county; Kimhwa county; Kumkang county; Pangyo county; Pyonggang county)
• HWANGHAE-NAMDO (Chongdan county)
The OIE report has been extracted from an official letter sent to the OIE by the Delegate of the DPR of Korea dated 7 February 2011 and received on 8 February 2011. Since that date, the use of the standardized reporting form was requested from the country to have the exact details on the locations of the outbreaks.
This immediate notification report has been prepared and published by the Animal Health Information Department in the meantime and outbreaks are gathered by clusters of outbreaks and by affected district. This is only an approximation of their location. When the exact data on the location of each outbreak will be provided by the National Veterinary Authorities, this report will be amended to reflect more precise locations of the outbreaks and the disease distribution. Not all the outbreaks are processed since approximate geographic locations have not been found. There are additional outbreaks notified in January that are not yet processed and that will be processed as soon as the completed information is received from the country.