The WOAH/OIE has issued a new report confirming 7 new classical swine fever outbreaks.
Al the outbreaks are located in the state of Ceara and affect animals housed on backyard farms::
- Varjota: 3 outbreaks with a total of 55 susceptible animals. In the case of the three outbreaks, the farms had traded with a CSF-confirmed farm located in the same municipality.
- Santa Quitéria: 1 outbreak with 3 susceptible animals (1 case).
- Reriutaba: 1 outbreaks with 19 animals: all 19 were cases.
- Cariré: 1 outbreak with 22 susceptible animals (7 cases).
- Groaíras: 1 outbreak with 107 susceptible animals (67 cases).
The outbreaks have appeared on backyard farms whose animals were in close contact with animals from other farms included in the same category and that do not apply biosecurity measures. The investigations are still going on in the surveillance area and the epidemiologic links.
Tuesday, November 6th, 2018/ OIE.