For the year 2010, 76 annual or multi-annual programmes to eradicate 10 important animal diseases have been granted Community financial support. The total EU contribution to these programmes is around €174M.
The annual programmes affecting to pigs are:
- control and monitoring of Classical swine fever (Bulgaria, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia).Only one multi-annual program affects to pigs:
- control and monitoring of African swine (Italy).
- eradication of swine vesicular disease (Italy).
- eradication of Aujeszky’s disease (Bulgaria, Spain, Hungary and Poland).
- eradication of Aujeszky’s disease (Belgium).