The Ministry of Agriculture of China has been reporting new cases of African swine fever, some of them in new areas, specifically in the provinces of Hubei, Fujian and Jiangxi as well as in the Korean Autonomous Prefecture of Yanbián (located in Jilin Province), which had not reported any cases of the disease until now.
The outbreaks have been confirmed in the following farms:
- 821 susceptible animals of which 22 cases in Luotian (Hubei).
- 9 susceptible animals of which 4 cases in Louyuan (Hunan).
- 154 susceptible animals of which 49 cases in Wannian (Jiangxi).
- 930 susceptible animals of which 144 cases in the Korean Autonomous Prefecture of Yanbián (Jilin).
- 4521 susceptible animals of which 85 cases in Chengxiang (Fujian).
The Ministry has placed emphasis on issues related to biosecurity and this week it organized a training course for technicians from all over the country.
Thursday November 8, 2018/ MoA/ China.