Conference speakers and topics vary slightly from one location to the next, but all are focused on helping Kansas agricultural producers improve their financial situation, said Gary Kramer, agricultural and natural resources agent for Sedgwick County.
The Sedgwick County Extension office will kick off the series of conferences on Dec. 8 with keynote speaker Michael Scuse, U.S. Department of Agriculture Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services.
Speakers at some locations will include industry and Kansas Farm Bureau economists, as well as K-State Research and Extension specialists in various aspects of agricultural economics.
Some of the topics at the conferences include Grain Market Situation and Outlook; Managing Livestock and Price Risk; Strategic Marketing in a Post Bail-Out World; Farm Financial Performance; Intro to Farm Transitions Planning; Cap and Trade – Bad for Agriculture?; Risk Analysis of Converting CRP; Feasibility of Biomass Crops; ACRE, SURE and Crop Insurance; and The Macroeconomy in the USA.
Locations and dates for the 2009-2010 Ag Profitability Conferences include:
* Wichita – Dec. 8 – 4-H Hall, 7001 W. 21st St. N.;
* LaCrosse – Dec. 9 – City Auditorium, 417 Main St.;
* Hesston – Dec. 16 – AGCO, 420 W. Lincoln Blvd;
* Marysville – Jan. 25 – Marshall Co. Extension office, 1201 Broadway;
* Dodge City – Jan. 26 – Ford County Fair Building, 901 West Park St.;
* Smith Center – Feb. 2 - St. Mary’s Catholic Parish Hall, 403 W. Highway 36;
* Colby – Feb. 3 – Sunflower Extension District No. 6 office;
* Hiawatha – Feb. 11 – Fisher Community Center, 201 E. Iowa St.;
* Salina – Feb. 18 – 4-H Building, Kenwood Park Drive;
* Scott City – Feb. 23 – Wm. Carpenter 4-H Building; and
* Eureka – Feb. 24 – Matt Samuels Community Building, N. Jefferson and River St.
A small registration fee may be charged for lunch and materials, depending on location.
More information about the K-State Ag Profitability Conferences is available by contacting a local county or district K-State Research and Extension office or on the Web at http://www.agmanager.info/events/ag_profitability/2010.
New Extension Swine Specialist Brings Experience and Enthusiasm to Iowa Pork Industry Center Position21-Dec-2017 1 years 1 months 3 days ago
This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.