Achieving good levels of colostral immunity by vaccinating sows is the first step to prevent scours; subsequently, active pre or post-weaning immunization must be added to prevent post-weaning diarrhoea.
Iowa State University. United States
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences, 2010 – 2015, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- DVSc (Doctor en Ciencias Veterinarias), 2006 – 2012, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata
- MVSc (Masters in Veterinary Science), 2008 – 2010, Washington State University
- MedVet (Medico Veterinario), 1994 – 1999, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata
- Assistant Professor, Diagnostic Pathologist at Iowa State University
- Clinician/ Diagnostic Pathologist at Iowa State University
- Pathology Resident at Virginia Tech
- Research Assistant, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology at Washington State University, July 2008 - July 2010
- Jefe de Trabajos Prácticos, Cátedra de Patologia Especial at Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata (FCV-UNLP), January 2004 - July 2008
- Jefe de Trabajos Prácticos, Cátedra de Anatomia Descriptiva y Comparada at Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata (FCV-UNLP), December 1999 - December 2001
Main areas of interest
- Swine diagnostic pathology
- PCV2, PRRSV and IAV
- E. Coli and Salmonella
Updated CV 23-Oct-2015
Oedema disease prevention has traditionally been accomplished through the administration of antibiotics or manipulation of gut microbiota through diet. However, in recent years, many vaccines have been developed to prevent clinical manifestation of the disease.
This study investigated the prevalence of ETEC positive pigs in farms without clinical signs of diarrhea, and the antibiotic resistance pattern observed amongst ETEC strains isolates.