A system to check your all-in-all-out management and the consecuences of violating internal biosecurity practices.
Edgar García Manzanilla
Pig Development Department, Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, TEAGASC, The Irish Food and Agriculture Authority, Ireland
- 2000 Veterinary Medicine - Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- 2005 PhD - UAB
- 2009 Master in Preventive Veterinary Medicine, University of California - Davis
- 2010 Dip. European College of Porcine Health Management (ECPHM)
- 2005-2006 Technical Director of the Monogastric Animals Nutrition Service (UAB)
- 2006-2009 Researcher at University of California - Davis
- 2010-2014 Researcher at UAB
- 2014 to present Researcher at the Pig Development Department, Teagasc
His main interest:
- Nutrition of monogastric animals and its relationship with immunity and gut health
- Epidemiology and Population medicine
- Antimicrobial use
Updated CV 05-Aug-2016
The animals that were retained several times throughout the flow originated from sows with lower average parity. They had a much lower carcass weight (around 10kg) and a higher average score for lameness, pleurisy and enzootic pneumonia lesions.
The sow must be able to store enough calcium during the pregnancy to face the possible mobilizations during the lactation.