United States and Canadian hog inventory down 3 percent

U.S. and Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs for June 2009 was 78.2 million head. This was down 3 percent from June 2008 and down 1 percent from June 2007.
Monday 2 November 2009 (8 years 6 months 18 days ago)
U.S. and Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs for June 2009 was 78.2 million head. This was down 3 percent from June 2008 and down 1 percent from June 2007.

U.S. inventory of all hogs and pigs on June 1, 2009 was 66.1 million head. This was down 2 percent from June 1, 2008 but up 1 percent from March 1, 2009. The breeding inventory, at 5.97 million head, was down 3 percent from last year and down slightly from the previous quarter. Market hog inventory, at 60.1 million head, was down 2 percent from last year but up 1 percent from last quarter. The pig crop, at 28.5 million head, was down slightly from 2008 but up 2 percent from 2007. Sows farrowed during this period totaled 2.97 million head, down 3 percent from last year.

http://www.usagnet.com/story-national.php?Id=2234&yr=2009

Swine news

Article Comments

This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.

Access restricted to 333 users. In order to post a comment you must be logged in.

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here

tags

Swine News

Swine industry news in your email

You are not subscribed to this list

18-May-201811-May-201804-May-201820-Apr-2018

Log in and sign up on the list

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here