Read this article in:

Pork consumption increases in Central America

As published by the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture's foreign affairs newsletter, pork consumption is increasing in Central America.

Wednesday 11 November 2015 (2 years 11 months 12 days ago)
Like

As published by the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture's foreign affairs newsletter, pork consumption is increasing in Central America.

Costa Rica stands out, with a per capita consumption of 13 kilos in 2014 (from 10.1 kg in 2011.) Costa Rica is followed by El Salvador, where pork consumption in 2011 to 2014 doubled, reaching 3.5 kg. In 2014, Honduras consumed 4 kg per capita, Guatemala 7 kg and Nicaragua 2 kg.

Regarding production, this has also increased due to increased consumption and genetic improvement. El Salvador's production is currently 800 metric tons of pork a year, whilst about 2,000 tons are imported, nearly  entirely from the United States. Costa Rica's data from 2012 show that local production was 55,438 tonnes, which supply up to 90% domestic consumption, while the remaining 10% is imported mainly from the United States and a small part from Canada.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 / Foreign Affairs News - MAGRAMA / Spain.
http://www.magrama.gob.es

Swine news

Russia: Positive balance of the agricultural sector in 201607-Jun-2017 1 years 4 months 16 days ago

Article Comments

This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.
Leave a new Comment

Access restricted to 333 users. In order to post a comment you must be logged in.

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here

tags

Swine News

Swine industry news in your email

You are not subscribed to this list

19-Oct-201812-Oct-201805-Oct-201828-Sep-2018

Log in and sign up on the list

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here