Agricultural income (operating surplus) for 2011 shows an annual increase of 30.1% before deductions for interest payments and land rental. This follows a 27.4% increase in 2010. The increase of 30.1% in 2011 can be mostly attributed to an increase of 16.8% in goods output.
These figures update the preliminary estimates published in February 2012 using final annual data rather than estimates as used in the Preliminary accounts release.
Comparing 2011 with 2010 shows that:
- The value of goods output by the agriculture sector increased by 16.8% in 2011, or €907.7m.
- The value of cattle output increased by 19.5%, or €292.5m, primarilydue to higher prices in 2011.
- The value of pigs output increased by 19.5%, or €64m, primarily due to an increase in volume during 2011.
- The value of milk output increased by 18.8%, or €289.9m, due to increases in volume and price during 2011.
- Total intermediate consumption increased by 13.7%, or €588.1m, in 2011.
Friday June 22, 2012/ CSO/ Ireland.