Minister Han met with Ms. Mette Gjerskov, Danish Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries (FVM) in Copenhagen on September 5th, 2012, during his official visit to the Kingdom of Denmark.
The two ministers exchanged views at the working meeting on issues of common interests, including agricultural science and technology, livestock production and veterinary service, quality and safety of agricultural products, agricultural trade and sustainable development of agriculture.
Based on the existing cooperation momentum, Minister Han proposed to build efficient cooperation mechanisms and a working group of agricultural cooperation to deepen pragmatic cooperation in the following fields:
1. To promote and support research collaboration between agricultural institutions and researchers from the two sides, and expand joint academic study and personnel exchanges;
2. To conduct exchanges on policies and technologies related with the quality and safety of agricultural products, and jointly conduct technology research and standard-setting in related risk control;
3. To intensify exchanges in the fields of animal disease control technology and management of veterinary drugs and veterinary bio-products;
4. To make the best of the service agencies and professional associations in bridging small and medium-sized agri-businesses from both sides;
5. To conduct exchanges on biomass energy-related policies, standards and technologies to boost the health development of biomass energy industry.
Both sides pledged to further cooperation in livestock production with focus on pig-farming cooperation between enterprises and researchers from both sides to speed up the improvement of pig breeding system and uplift the pig-farming level in China.
Friday September 7, 2012/ Ministry of Agriculture / China.