The 2019 European Pig Innovation Group (EU PiG) Grand Prix is open for entries until 28 February 2019.
EU PiG is looking for entries that tackle one of eight Grand Prix challenges, identified as current priorities by the industry, within the project’s key themes of health management, meat quality, animal welfare and precision production.
Winning one of the eight Ambassador titles in the EU PiG Grand Prix gives producers the chance to receive international recognition of their success, share their best practice with other producers, get in touch with other Ambassadors to perhaps find their next big idea and achieve added motivation for farm staff.
EU PiG aims to raise the competitiveness of the European pig industry by connecting producers and sharing tried and tested best practice and innovations. When pig producers visit another farm or go on a study tour they almost always learn something valuable from fellow producers, and EU PiG provides another easy and practical way to do this, sharing new knowledge in one place, online.
The eight Grand Prix challenges this year are:
- Early warning of diseases and production errors
- Influence of gut health on disease and production data
- Replacing GMO in soy for feed production
- Opening farms to engage with the public
- Strategies to reduce aggression between animals
- The quality of the farm atmosphere
- Reducing piglet mortality
- Dashboard systems/benchmarking
For full details, along with case studies on the previous years’ winning Ambassadors, producers should go to: https://www.eupig.eu/
December 2018 - EU PiG