The Symposium, moderate by Dr. Ulrich Klein, Global Technical Services Manager at Novartis Animal Health, featured experts in the field of swine disease management and combined the topics of managing respiratory and enteric infections in swine and controlling vectors that can impact the spread of disease. Featured speakers and topics were:
* Effect of Denagard water medication against Ileitis under field conditions and in challenge studies - Dr.Nathan Winkelman (USA)An estimated 300+ people attended the symposium.
* Establishment of swine dysentery eradication programmes – practical experiences in UK - Dr.Jake Waddilove (UK)
* Genetic characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium perfringens and Clostridium difficile isolates from neonatal piglets - Dr.Fabrizio Agnoletti (Italy)
* Pharmacokinetic & pharmacodynamic relationships of tiamulin (Denagard ®) for enteric and respiratory infections in pigs - Dr.David Burch (UK)
* Role of vectors in disease transfer – challenge or not? - Prof.Steven McOrist (UK)
Novartis Animal Health