Recently Milkiwean launched an upgraded formulation of BabyMilk (with plasma) for newborn piglets. A revised distribution of energy in the raw materials and the addition of Fibosel® immunostimulant provide better growth performance and lower mortality, leading to improved profitability for pig farmers.
The product was extensively analysed and tested within the context of the focus on improved intestinal health. Fats were replaced by other high-energy ingredients that improve the feed intake. The renewed composition of the BabyMilk ensures a better energy distribution within the raw materials. The revised proportion of sugars, starch and fats results in the improved digestion of the milk, which makes the BabyMilk significantly safer. This leads to an improved feed intake and a smoother transition to solid feed.
Next to the renewed composition, the immunostimulant Fibosel was added to the new BabyMilk. Fibosel is a high-quality source of activated beta-glucans, known to stimulate the natural immune system of the piglets.
- Milk replacer with plasma for:
1. Supplementation in the farrowing house
2. Feeding of small weaned piglets
- Supplementation of large litters (> 12 piglets/sow)
- Reduction of piglet mortality
- Supplementation of light weaned piglets
- Higher feed intake before weaningMay, 14
- Better start and growth after weaning
May 14, 2012 - Nutreco