The EPHM event in Prague was excellent, with an attendance of around 1600 delegates coming from across Europe, North and South America and Asia. The well-known great scientific and social program made the conditions for learning and networking ideal. So a job well done by the scientific committee headed by Professor Heiko Nathues and the Czech Republic LOC committee. Also a word of THANKS to the ESPHM sponsors who are indispensable to make the ESPHM happen.
The EAPHM Annual General Meeting (AGM) was very well attended and the new 2017/2018 EAPHM board consists of:
- Dr. Rick Janssen from the Netherlands, who will serve as the President for the coming year as a follow up of this past year as Vice-President
- Dr. Andreas Palzer from Germany, after having been this year's President will serve 1 more year as Past-President
- Dr. Giovanbattista Guadagnini from Italy, who will start as the new Vice-President, preparing himself to take over from the current President Rick Janssen at the Barcelona EAPHM 2018 AGM
- Dr. Thomas Würth from Switzerland, is the new treasurer
- Dr. Carl Andreas Grøntvedt from Norway, as secretary of both ECPHM and EAPHM
- Dr. Karol Wierzchoslawski from Poland, ordinary Board member
- Marco Terreni (MSD) from Italy, was elected to serve as the representative of the Industry on the EAPHM Board. Frederic Poulenc (Vetoquinol) from France, competed with Marco for this position and the AGM attendees had to vote. Frederic was thanked for stepping up for this assignment and maybe in 2 years' time there is a new chance.
Leaving the EAPHM board at the Prague EAPHM AGM were:
- Dr. Enric Marco from Spain after completing the full 3 year cycle of Vice-President, President and Past-President
- Dr . Dani Spiru, from Romania as treasurer
- Dr. Oliver Duran, from the UK, as industry representative
Of course all 3 were acknowledged for their contribution to running the EAPHM and it was stressed again that an Association as the EAPHM can only exist by the active participation of volunteers.
In 2018 the ESPHM 2018 will be held in Spain; safe the dates for:
May 11, 2017 - ESPHM