Intranasal and intratracheal inoculation routes as well as aerosolization with foggers are discussed.
Locke A. Karriker
Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. United States
- Executive Veterinary Program, Swine Health. University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Champaign, Illinois, 2009.
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, 2006.
- Master of Science in Veterinary Science. Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi, 2000. Area of concentration: Swine Production Medicine
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi, 1999.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Chemistry. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1995.
- Director, Swine Medicine Education Center at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. 2010 – present.
- Associate Professor with tenure, Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. Assigned 50% Teaching, 30% Professional Practice, 20% Research. 2010 – present.
- Assistant Professor, Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. Assigned 50% Teaching, 20% Professional Practice, 20% Research, 10% University Service. 2003-2010.
- Swine Medicine Section Leader, Food Supply Veterinary Services, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. 2006 – 2007; 2009 – present.
- National Barrow Show Progeny Test Veterinarian, Ames, IA 2004 – 2006.
- Production Veterinarian, Seaboard Farms. Guymon, Oklahoma, 1999 – 2003. Responsibilities included primary veterinary care for all phases of 185,000 sow herd, regulatory compliance, development and implementation of Biosecurity Program, adoption of needle free injection technology, supervision of vaccine and antibiotic safety and efficacy trials, development of on farm food safety program, education of production personnel on treatment and disease topics, and supervision of four technicians and one veterinarian.
Locke A. Karriker has had more than 188 articles published in scientific magazines.
- American Association of Swine Veterinarians, 1995-present.
- Advanced Techniques Summer Workshop Planning Committee
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee
- Collegiate Activities Committee
- Iowa Veterinary Medical Association, 2003-present.
- Swine Health Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Iowa State University Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee, 2007-present.
- Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine Department Curriculum Committee Chair
- College of Veterinary Medicine Curriculum Committee Co-Chair
- Iowa Pork Producers Association, 2003-present.
- American Veterinary Medical Association, 1999-present.
Updated CV 06-Feb-2012
Best route of exposure for M hyo gilt acclimation