Read this article in:

Romania: problems for exporting live pigs to the EU

The measures proposed by the EU cause that 60% of the Romanian pigs farms cannot export live pigs to the EU.

Tuesday 21 February 2017 (1 years 9 months 19 days ago)
Like

Faced with the question written by the member of the European Parliament, Mr. Daniel Buda, the European Commissioner for Health, Mr. Vitenis Andriukaitis, answered that the EU will not relax the measures regarding the imports of live pigs from Romania, that were forbidden until last October 2016. Up to that date, Romania was not allowed to export pork nor live pigs due to the presence of Classical Swine Fever in Romania.

According to Mr. Buda, the measures imposed by the EU that include that the pigs to be exported must have remained on the same farm for at least 3 months and that no new animals have entered the farm in the last month determines that only 40% of the Romanian pigs farms may export live pigs, while for the remaining 60% it is very difficult to fulfil this regulation.

Monday, 6 February 2017/ Magna News/ Romania.
https://magnanews.ro

Swine news

Article Comments

This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.
Leave a new Comment

Access restricted to 333 users. In order to post a comment you must be logged in.

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here

tags

Swine News

Swine industry news in your email

You are not subscribed to this list

07-Dec-201830-Nov-201823-Nov-201816-Nov-2018

Log in and sign up on the list

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here