We call this new platform OIE-WAHIS. The core of the system will be completed by the end of 2019, and will continue to evolve, allowing users to take advantage of a modern and dynamic platform to report their animal health situation.
The refreshed and renovated WAHIS platform will make it easier for users to collect and report information – and upload data from their own databases. The new interface will also allow for data to be viewed, analysed and extracted more rapidly and in different formats. Other features of the platform will include the following:
- OIE-WAHIS will provide high-quality and reliable geospatial data, which will enable OIE Member Countries to undertake comprehensive risk analyses. Maps will be interactive, allowing for a dynamic display of information on animal diseases.
- Data from OIE-WAHIS will be usable in a variety of analytic programmes.
- OIE-WAHIS will provide straightforward and standardized ways to interconnect with other international or regional information systems and integrate other valuable data sources, so that users can share and mutually enrich data in collaboration with OIE stakeholders.
- The genomic data linked to epidemiological data in WAHIS+ will strengthen disease traceability and contribute to analyses on genetic epidemiology.
- The WAHIS Alerts mobile application will be updated to provide a faster dissemination of disease alerts and instant access to disease notifications.
OIE-WAHIS will be a nimble and flexible platform, built to evolve as novel information technologies are developed or international standards change.
January 2019/ OIE.