Read this article in:

Central America consumes more pork

In the last five years, pork consumption per capita in the countries in this region raised from 4.6 kg in 2012 to 5.3 kg in 2016, and the growth was encouraged mainly by Panama and Costa Rica.

Wednesday 11 October 2017 (11 days ago)

Between 2012 and 2016, the regional pork consumption has kept a rising trend, growing from 205,000 tonnes in 2102 to 249,000 tonnes in 2016, that entails a rise by 21%.

In 2016, 73% of the pork consumed in Central America was produced locally, whilst 27% was pork imported mainly from the USA and other countries outside the region.

Last year, Costa Rica was the country with the highest annual per capita consumption, with 14.4 kg, followed by Panama (12.4 kg), Honduras (4 kg), Guatemala (3.7 kg), Nicaragua (2.7 kg) and El Salvador (2.1 kg).

In 2016, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Panama concentrated approximately 83% of the pork production in the region, whilst the remaining 17% was produced in Honduras, Nicaragua and El Salvador.

Wednesday, September 27th, 2017/ Central America Data.
https://www.centralamericadata.com

Article Comments

This area is not intended to be a place to consult authors about their articles, but rather a place for open discussion among pig333.com users.

Access restricted to 333 users. In order to post a comment you must be logged in.

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here

tags

Swine News

Swine industry news in your email

You are not subscribed to this list

20-Oct-201713-Oct-201706-Oct-201729-Sep-2017

Log in and sign up on the list

Not a registered user of 333?sign upand access swine prices, the search engine, ...
It is fast and free
Are you registered in 333?LOGINIf you've forgotten your password we'll send it to you here