The specific objectives of the project are:
• To isolate and over-produce a representative collection of phage-coded lysins acting against specific MRSA clones from pigs;
• To characterise the host range of these enzymes;
• To study the efficiency, in vitro and in animal models, of the bactericide action of these phage enzymes;
• To test methods for administering the phage enzyme preparation in the nose and on the skin of pigs;
• To test the efficiency of the phage enzyme treatment in eliminating MRSA colonisation in pigs.