Dr. Mary Buhr, Dean of the College of Agriculture and Bioresources, University of Saskatchewan has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of Prairie Swine Centre at the recent annual meeting of the organization. The Board also welcomed three new Board members for a three-year term:
Representing the pork producers of Saskatchewan – Mr. Neil Ketilson, General Manager of Saskatchewan Pork Development Corporation, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan;
Representing the pork producers of Ontario – Mr. James Reesor, pork producer from Grimsby, Ontario;
Representing the grains industry – Mr. Wayne Thompson, Program Development Manager, Western Grains Research Foundation, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Board is also well served by the following members representing the stakeholders of the Centre and key components of the Canadian pork value chain.
- Dr. Walter Heuser, representing the animal health industry
- Mr. Rick Prejet, pork producer, representing pork producers in Manitoba
- Mr. Darcy Fitzgerald, representing the pork producers of Alberta
- Mr. Jim Babcock, Manager Livestock Development, Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Mr. John Carney, representing pork packing industry
- Ms. Judy Yungwirth, Office of the VP Finance, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Jim Basinger, Office of the VP Research, University of Saskatchewan
- Mr. Lee Whittington, President/CEO, Prairie Swine Centre
Dr. Buhr notes that “Our volunteer board has provided great insight and leadership during the 20 years of the Centre’s development, and I want to acknowledge special thanks to Mr. Shannon Meyers the outgoing Chairman of the Board for his exceptional insight and leadership during the past three years.”
March 15, 2012 - Prairie Swine Centre Inc.