The use of proven phytases in swine, is recognized to be an extremely useful tool for nutritionists not only in formulating more affordable feed without altering animal performance, but even improving it.
Rafael Durán Giménez-Rico
Danisco Animal Nutrition. DuPont Industrial Biosciences. Spain
He graduated in Veterinary Medicine/Science (speciality: Animal Production) from the Universidad Complutense of Madrid in 1985 with an "A" degree.
- In 1985 he started working at Nanta as an intern in the Experimental Plant. During year 1987 he studied a Master in Science in Animal Nutrition at the Agricultural University of Wageneingen (The Netherlands), and he is member of the Veevoeding Department (Animal Nutrition).
- From 1988 to 1996 he worked in Feed Formulation and Nutrition for Trouw Ibérica and Nanta in two different stages. Madrid.
- From 1996 to 2000 he worked as an Investigator at the SRC (Nutreco) in Sint Anthonis (The Netherlands). He was in charge of the development of experimental tests in piglets and breeding sows for their later implementation in the market as feeding plans, new products, etc.
- 2000-2001: He works, for 9 months, in the Formulation Department at Trouw Nutrition, in Tres Cantos (Madrid).
- From 2001 to 2004: Regional Technical Manager at Danisco Animal Nutrition for South-Central Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel.
- 2005-2009: Business and Technical Manager at Danisco Animal Nutrition for South-Central Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel.
- 2010-February 2014: Regional Technical Manager for South Europe, Turkey, Israel and Scandinavia for Danisco Animal Nutrition and DuPont Industrial Biosciences, presently.
In all the posts he has held at the different companies, his main task has been the study of the nutrition-feeding of monogastric animals and its later implementation in the practical situations of the companies. At the same time he has contributed with sporadic articles, seminars and lectures at many events and meetings.
Updated CV 27-Feb-2014