After over 20 years of research effort, the question of how to balance efforts in Salmonella control among the preharvest, harvest, and post-harvest sectors remains alive, but ‘silver bullets’ for on-farm control of Salmonella in pigs have proven elusive.
University of Minnesota. United States
Professor, Department of Veterinary Population Medicine (VPM) College of Veterinary Medicine
PhD, University of Sydney, New South Wales
BVSc (Honors), Melbourne University
- Swine health and production
- Foodborne pathogens and zoonotic disease in food animal production systems
- Veterinary epidemiology
- Antimicrobial use in food animal production and antimicrobial resistance
- Disease surveillance and regional disease control
- Societal issues related to food animal production
Updated CV 17-Feb-2017
After more than a decade there is little to suggest that LA-MRSA poses an imminent threat to public health, even in countries where prevalence is high in pigs.