Rabies is a rare viral disease in pigs.
Alternative names: hydrophobia
It is caused by a virus and it is considered a rare disease in pigs. It is lethal in all species including man, so it is important to keep it into consideration. It is not present in several countries.
Sows, lactation, nursery and fattening
- Twitching of facial muscles.
- Fast chewing.
- They can have muscle spasms.
- Subsequent paralysis may occur.
- They usually die in three days.
Causes / Contributing Factors
- The rabies virus is spread by contact with wildlife.
- Check with your veterinarian immediately.
- There is no treatment.
- You have to watch so that people are not exposed to rabies.