Ruwan Berculo, director of VIV worldwide, states that “VIV Qingdao 2019 is the sole and only successor of our previous VIV China fairs. It will be the international-standard exhibition and forum program, designed specifically for the Chinese market. China’s market is huge and complex. It needs the complete dedication and detailed attention of national professionals in organizing a valuable exhibition. That is why the Utrecht team at VNU Exhibitions Europe now takes a step back from the organization process within China. We hand over to our respected colleagues within our national VIV China team based in Shanghai to present you with a strong trade show that will connect you with the leading Chinese enterprises in pork, poultry, egg, dairy and fish production.”
VIV Qingdao 2019:international trade show from Feed to Food for China, focusing on innovation, network integration and hot industry topics
VIV Qingdao 2019 will be held on September 19-21 at the Qingdao World Expo City, filling halls S1 to S5, for an exhibition area of 50,000 square metres gross.
The show in 2019 will present 600 exhibitors and it is expected to attract more than 30,000 visits, including over 200 industry leaders.
The feed to food exhibition concept will be further enhanced by around 20 international seminars that analyze the Chinese industry as well as best solutions for current issues in global animal husbandry.
Shandong, Qingdao: major area of Chinese animal protein industries
Shandong province is an important area for the animal protein production, with excellent development prospects. Meat, eggs and dairy products in this province represent about 10% of China’s total production of animal proteins and over 40% of all exports nationally by gross volume.
Qingdao is a major port city and Shandong’s economic center, playing an important role in The Belt and Road initiative. Numerous global events and conferences are held in this city every year. The degree of Qingdao’s animal large scale production is higher than the China national average, especially in swine, poultry and cattle. The city’s output throughout the whole animal industry chain was worth RMB 80 billion in 2017. What is more, Qingdao promotes efficient farming. In the city there are 2,425 large scale farms, including 45 national scale farms, 91 province scale farms, 41 modern farms and 98 farming communities.
Qingdao is also very active with regard to waste disposal, 94% of its farms having adopted modern equipment for manure management. Sustainability is a further major theme for Shandong -- there are 16 sustainable towns operating within the province as well as 160 sustainable farms.
More value and benefits will come from:
I Concurrent conferences at VIV Qingdao 2019
In order to promote the transformation and healthy development of China’s animal husbandry, VIV Qingdao 2019 will cooperate with government organizations, industry associations, experts and media partners to direct the focus onto industrial development across China as well as global market trends. Conferences focusing on swine, poultry meat, eggs, dairy and aquaculture will be held during the show.
- Third China Swine Science Conference and Exhibition 2019 – in the same venue. Organized by: Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine (CAAV). Covering topics such as breeding, nutrition, disease control, environment, and slaughtering.
- Third World Conference on Farm Animal Welfare – in the same venue. Organized by: China Association for the Promotion of International Agricultural Cooperation.Launched by eight international animal welfare associations and supported by FAO.
- Second Farm and Food integration forum – in the same venue. After the first edition of Farm and food integration forum during VIV China in Nanjing in 2018, this forum takes the advantage of VIV Qingdao 2019 co-location with AAFEX 2019 to give more ideas and solutions for “farm to table and table to farm” business.
- Conference on egg production and processing technology and business development Topics will cover breeding, farming efficiency, branding and distribution.
- Aquaculture China conference Follows the success of Aquatic China 2018 and will make full use of the location in Qingdao to connect with the production area and the knowledge network from Ocean University of China (OUC) which is based in Qingdao.
- The InnovAction campaign will be introduced at VIV Qingdao 2019 InnovAction is a comprehensive service for international pavilions and individual exhibitors to present the latest products, technologies and solutions to the market, which can link visitors in a unique way.
II. Co-location with Asia Agro-Food Expo 2019 (AAFEX)
Organized by: VNU Exhibitions Asia and strongly supported by Qingdao government.
Besides animal husbandry, Asia Agro-Food Expo 2019 is designed to cover sectors including crops, agricultural products, agricultural product processing and innovative agriculture. It will provide an international trading platform for innovation, trade and business interaction under the umbrella of agriculture and food.
In their co-location VIV Qingdao 2019 and AFFEX 2019 will present in total more than 100,000 square metres of exhibition area under the same roof at the Qingdao World Expo City. Within the large conference center, there will be more professional seminars on crops, horticulture, greenhouse technology and food processing and packaging engineering.
This will bring three outstanding benefits for the industry to share:
- concept and solution for integrated farm operation combining plants and animals;
- business opportunities both upstream and downstream along the supply chain of “seeds to plants to feed to meat to food”;
- a large presentation of investors, buyers and suppliers in agriculture and food industries.
III. By professional organizer - VIV team from VNU Exhibitions Asia
VNU Exhibitions Asia is the joint venture of VNU Exhibitions Europe, the organizer of VIV worldwide. It will take full charge of the operational, sales and marketing activities in China for VIV worldwide events from 2019, providing exhibitors and visitors with comfortable, professional and convenient services and experiences.
As one of the earliest exhibition companies in the country, VNU Exhibitions Asia has been a leader in China's exhibition industry for more than two decades. Through the dedication of more than 200 employees, the company hosts over 20 top exhibitions and conferences in China each year including Pet Fair Asia, Horti China, DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR and R+T Asia, with a total exhibition area of over 600,000 square metres.
About VIV worldwide:
VIV worldwide calendar of events
- VIV Asia 2019, Bangkok, March 13-15
- Poultry Africa 2019, Kigali, October 2-3
- VIV health & nutrition Asia 2020, Bangkok, January 15-16
- VIV MEA 2020, Abu Dhabi, March 9-11
- VIV Europe 2022, World Expo from Feed to Food
Partners events supported by VIV worldwide
- GFFC 2019, Bangkok, March 11-13
- VIV Turkey 2019, Istanbul, June 13-15
- VIV Qingdao 2019, Qingdao China, September 19-21
- VIV Russia 2020, Moscow
November 28, 2018 - VIV